Wondering how to get beautiful custom window treatments and custom accessories without breaking the bank? In addition to working with a local seamstress like Karen at Sewinit’, there are some other great tips that make it even easier and more affordable than you thought possible:
- To get an expensive look without spending a ton of money on fabric, purchase beautiful trims, cords, tassels and fringes. They dress up even the least expensive fabrics and Karen knows how to make them work!
- Don’t cover the window – expose it! Create window treatments that frame around the window and allow all of the light to come in. Hang rods high enough that window treatments just touch the top of the window. They make window treatments look more elegant and custom.
- Don’t be afraid to use color (although neutrals are beautiful too)! You can use a vibrant color to give a richer look to window treatments and bring the walls to life. Or if you prefer to stay neutral, use a vibrant color on pillows and accessories to make the window treatments even more beautiful.
- Shop for fabric at discount stores or on the close-out table of more upscale stores. Karen can help you find great prices on fabric too!
- Use inexpensive cords or ribbons to tie back full draperies for an elegant effect. You can change out the tie-backs inexpensively and easily to change up the room for seasonal variation.
- Allow curtain to “puddle” on the floor – this immediately gives a more expensive look when done right and it just takes a bit more fabric.
Give Karen a call and discuss your needs with her. She can help you find affordable fabrics, decorative options, and beautiful window treatments!