Sliding glass doors or french doors can be problematic when it comes to window treatments or even providing privacy for your home. But now there are some new ways to use window treatments to beautify even the oldest windows or outdated sliding glass doors.
Try these ideas:
- Use side-mounted panels that are only on either side of the doors/windows. Mount the draperies on short rods. Mount them higher than the top of the door for an even more dramatic effect. This works well for windows that don’t need to be covered for privacy.
- Use a valance mounted above the door – use a zig-zag border for visual appeal and to make an old window appear new.
- Roman shades are a creative and excellent alternative! They can be working Roman shades or faux shades, depending on whether or not you need them for privacy.
- Hang long panels that stay to each side of the door during the day, but that can be pulled together for privacy or at night.
Use a one-sided panel that can be pulled across the door for privacy – use a light-weight fabric that doesn’t bunch too much when pulled to the side.
- Grommet-top panels mounted with large rings will be visually appealing and slide easily.
Contact Karen to discover the possibilities!